The jam in these muffins will wake you the f*ck up.
- 3 cups flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 50 g butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 12 teaspoons apple jam
- Powdered sugar and cinnamon to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease muffin tins.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl (except powdered sugar and cinnamon).
- Make a hollow in the dry ingredients. Beat the eggs and milk together and add with melted butter into the middle of the dry ingredients mixing just enough to moisten.
- Spoon a largish tablespoon of the mixture into the bottom of the muffin form, making certain that it covers the bottom of the muffin form. Make a small hollow in the middle if the muffin mixture and set a teaspoon of apple jam into the hollow, try not to let the jam run out to the sides very much.
- Cover the jam with another spoonful of the muffin mix and run a clean finger around it so that the jam is as enclosed by the muffin mixture as possible. Sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon.
- Bake at 200°C (400°F) for 15 minutes or until cooked.
- Ease the muffins out of the form while warm and put onto a wire rack to cool.
Once cool, dust the tops with powdered sugar.
This recipe originally appeared here, but I altered it.