Made with espresso, chocolate, and marscapone, these muffins will wake you the f*ck up….but in Italian so it sounds nicer.
- 1 (8 oz.) package mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup finely ground espresso beans
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I like a lot of chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Beat mascarpone cheese and butter together until fluffy. Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, espresso, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Stir flour mixture into wet mixture until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into 12 prepared lined muffin cups. Filling them until they are almost full. I filled mine up all the way and had no problems with overflowing. They made a nice full muffin top.
Bake for about 20 min or until the top is golden brown.
I altered this recipe.