- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 4×8-inch loaf pan.
- Toast ¼ cup of coconut and set aside.
- Beat white sugar and butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time.
- Stir juice and zest of one lemon into butter mixture.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, mixing until batter is just incorporated.
- Fold in coconut, mixing just enough to evenly combine. Pour the batter into loaf pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean approximately 60 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Gradually stir 2 teaspoons lemon juice into confectioners’ sugar until mixture is thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle mixture evenly over the loaf. Top with toasted coconut.
This recipe originally appeared here, but I altered it.