This one goes out to all my girlfriends that got knocked up.
1(1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
1 cup warm milk
1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
1⁄3 cup butter
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 1⁄2tablespoons cinnamon
1/3 cup butter softened
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
- For the rolls, dissolve the yeast in the warm milk in a large bowl.
- Add sugar, butter, salt, eggs, and flour, mix well.
- Knead the dough into a large ball, using your hands dusted lightly with flour.
- Put in a bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface, until it is approx 21 inches long by 16 inches wide.
- It should be approx 1/4 thick.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- To make filling, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Spread the softened butter over the surface of the dough, then sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon evenly over the surface.
- Working carefully, from the long edge, roll the dough down to the bottom edge.
- Cut the dough into 1 3/4 inch slices, and place in a lightly greased baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- While the rolls are baking combine the icing ingredients.
- Beat well with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- When the rolls are done, spread generously with icing.
I altered this recipe.